Have you visited the premiere of the new ninja turtles "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teen 2014"? No? ? Then hurry up – EssayMama's team has already went to the cinema to see another comic book adaptation and propose you to read Top 10 blowing up facts about TMNT while you're standing in line for your lucky tickets.
1. The radioactive canister that blinds Marvel's Daredevil and gives him powers also creates the TMNT. It rolls the sewer, covers the turtles in goo and mutates them. Splinter also got caught up in goo. He mutated into a master who remembered his owner’s ninja training.
2. James Avery, Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince, voiced Shredder in the 80's cartoon. Chuck Lorre, creator of The Big Bang Theory, wrote the theme tune. No wonder this was the coolest character of all.
3. Over 50 million red-eared terrapins were sold as pets when the cartoon aired. People started loving these smelly animals that show their temper when you make them mad. Maybe that was the reason for many people to dump their terrapins in waterways. A threat to eco-systems, today they're banned in Europe and owners in Australia face 5 years in prison.
4. The show was renamed Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in parts of Europe. In the UK the word ninja was deemed too violent and Michelangelo's nunchuks were censored. That’s just lame, isn’t it? It was all Margaret Thatcher’s fault.
5. In 1990 the TMNT went on a 40-city tour of the USA perform as a band. Sponsored by Pizza Hut, defeated Shredder with rock and songs titled 'Pizza Power'. During that year, over 2 million cassette of the soundtrack were sold along personal pan pizzas at Pizza Hut.
6. There was a 1986 spoof of TMNT called Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters. They were named after action heroes Clint Eastwood, Jackie Chan, Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee. Since the TMNT started as a parody of Ronin and Daredevil, the ARBBH can be called ‘a parody of a parody’.
7. In one comic storyline, Raphael's face was badly burned and he became Shredder. The other Turtles know that Shredder has returned, but they don’t know it’s Raphael who took that role. Splinter turned into a bat, Leanardo's hand was bitten off and Donatello was paralyzed and became a cyborg.
8. There's a female 5yh turtle called Venus de Milo who has shell breasts and uses magic. She was so unpopular that the creators promised to never bring her back. I guess people don’t like mutated sex appeal.
9. The Turtles were once brainwashed into fighting the Power Rangers by an Evil Princess. After trying to take over a space station, they save the day and then go surfing. Of course Michelangelo had to hit on the Pink Ranger.
10. In the original comics the Turtles sliced up enemies. They also drank alcohol and swore… just like real teenagers. In issue 1 a man is beaten to death, a woman murdered and Shredder blown apart by a grenade.
Hey, look - it is your turn. Buy your tickets and enjoy the movie!
Also seen on EssayMama:
FOLLOW US ON
WHY CHOOSE US
|15+ pages||5% OFF|
|51+ pages||10% OFF|
|101+ pages||15% OFF|
Wendy J. on Feb 2021
James L. on Jan 2021